1. All group 1.A( alkali metals), NH4+, NO3-, C2H3O2-, ClO3-, and ClO4- ions are soluble.
2. The halogens: Br-(bromides), Cl-(chlorides), and I-(Iodides) are soluble except when combined with Ag+, Hg2+2, Hg+2, Pb+2, and Pb+4
3. Sulfates(SO4-2) are soluble except with Ba+2, Sr+2, Ca+2, Ag, Hg2+2, Hg+2, Pb+2, and Pb+4
4. Sulfides(S-2) are insoluble except with Ca+2,Sr+2, Mg+2, alkali metals, and NH4+
5. All compounds containig PO4-3, CO3-2, SO3-2 ions are insoluble except those that contain NH4+ and alkali metals.
6. All hydroxides are insoluble except compounds containing Ca+2,Sr+2,Ba+2, and alkali metals. The alkaline earth metals are slightly soluble being able to slightly dissociate in solution.
7. Except rule 1. consider all remaining ions to be insoluble.